Friday, January 29, 2010

Ha! I win.

Sorry it took so long to get the photos up. Apparently I had to upload them one at a time. Yes it was annoying but I love you all so much I did it. So proud, I know. These pictures are from just two days of me shooting for class/fun. They are with my big camera, not my point and shoot. The first set of images is from a protest that I attended. It was probably one of the most peaceful protests that I attended. It was protesting the polices officers and the right to search anybody they want. Especially if they feel that it can deal with terrorists. So basically any photographer if they feel is photographing something that can end up helping terrorists, they can search their belongings. It could be just a random tourist taking a picture of a police officer or a building. Apparently a world known architectural photographer got searched. I am giving a really bad description of what it was all about sorry. It was fun though. Everybody was so nice and having a really good time. I think I was there for about an hour or so. I went with one of my friends from class. It was cool to go to. The protest was called I'm a Photographer not a Terrorist.
He was just standing there letting anybody take his picture. There was a huge circle around him. It was so funny seeing all these cameras pointed at a puppy.
Below are some images that I have started taking for my dissertation. I am writing on the topic of being bored. Yes, being bored. Apparently there is a lot of theory about this topic. I am writing how a tourist can be bored in a city like London. I am trying to take your typical tourist images and taking them in a way that you might not be able to recognize what the London Icon actually is. If you can figure it out more power to you, but for the project it's not really one of my concerns. I will give you what they are though just to be nice. :)
Dock Over the Thames
Thames River
(When the tide is in, this walkway doesn't exist.
It is located on the beach heading right into the water)
National Theatre

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I couldn't help but notice that you're actually a pretty good photographer.

    ~ Dad

    ReplyDelete