Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Spring Term

I am still trying to figure out why they are calling it Spring Term at school. It runs from January to March. Not really spring if you ask me. Maybe because my spring break is included in it? Anyways. I turned in both of my essays a few weeks ago. I think they turned out alright. Both of my parents edited them so they could give you a better idea of how they are then I can. I had just read them one too many times for me to care. I am just hoping I pass with decent grades. Especially the Anthropology of Art class. My core course essay I think I did pretty decent on.

My spring term classes are pretty much the same. I don't have Anthropology of Art anymore but I now have Navigating Urban Life. It's basically about urban communities and stuff like that. There is a lot of information thrown at us at once. And a lot of theory. I dislike the word theory. It makes it seem like what they are telling you is a guess not an actual 100% proven answer. That's just me being annoyed by a word though. I already have my essay topic for that one and am trying to start working on it now. I want to get it done as soon as I can. Especially since I will be doing a lot of traveling for the rest of the year.

Next month my Aunt Brenda is coming out to London for a few days and we are heading to Brussels and Bruges for the weekend. I am really looking forward to it. Especially for the Belgian Chocolate, Waffles and Beer. At the end of March one of my sorority sisters who is studying in Madrid is coming for a few days. April 14th-21st I will be home in Maryland for my Dad's wedding. I will be in New York at the end of May/beginning of June for two friend's weddings. With maybe a trip down to Maryland for a day or two. Then back in New York for two weeks for Dan and I's one year anniversary and a wedding for his friend. Then I will be back for good no later then August 20th. Our lease is up then. All during this time I have to write two essays, a dissertation. Go to Ireland and Madrid (Madrid if I have time and money before my friend leaves) and make room for a friend or two to visit. So I should be a little crazy busy. I wanted to get a job here but it's looking like I am not going to have time to. I'd rather focus on my papers anyways. I am going to try and get the regular essays done by the end of February if I can, even though they are not due until the end of April. I know that's a long stretch for me, but I am going to try.

I am having problems with my internet right now and loading pictures. So I am going to try again later. Just wanted to post something though.

xoxoxo

1 comment:

  1. Kimberly,
    Lately, you've been mentioning the many things that you had to do over the next few months. Now that I see it all written down, I have a better picture of it. Some of it sounds stressful (the essays and the dissertation) but it's hard to give you too much sympathy for some of the other things on your agenda (Belgian Chocolate, Waffles and Beer)! I miss you!
    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete