Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Work

So I have been in the process of writing two essays for my classes. Here they make you write your essays with word counts, not pages. Both of these essays have to be 5,000 words a piece, which roughly translates to 8 pages single spaced, on A4 paper. Doesn't sound too bad right? Too bad one of my essays I had NO CLUE what I was writing about. I managed to get to 4,000 words but I don't even know if I answered the question properly. As long as I pass I am fine with it to be honest. These essays are basically my grades for the class. That and showing up. We don't have other homework and classwork that we do. We attend lectures then seminars after to discuss what we heard. There are no such things as A,B,C,D for grades. It's fail, pass and pass with distinction. The pass with distinction is basically your A and B grade. Pass is your C and D. From what I can understand. They hardly ever give A grades out here. Teachers just don't do it. Well, they do, but your essay has to be THE MOST AMAZING THING EVER WRITTEN! So I am pretty sure my Anthropology of Art one will not be one of those. My Through the Lens class I am writing about the ethics of war photography. That I should be good with. I know photography and I am reading up on the war aspect of it. It was originally due this coming Thursday but they pushed it back until Tuesday of next week because of the weather.

Speaking of weather. I understand that a lot of Britain has gotten snow and a lot of it. But come on London. One inch and a little bit of ice and the whole world shuts down. Go to NYC and deal with their ice. Their subway still runs, Taxis are still going and the buses are moving like there isn't any snow. Any snow here, there are delays on the tube, people can't figure out that their cars WILL drive in the snow and basically the whole city shuts down. I'd like to see these Londoners spend a winter in upstate New York. Good luck with that. :) On one hand I find it really funny, but the other hand I find it so unbelievably frustrating. I guess I am just used to going out in the snow no matter how much there is.

I've been lazy today so I guess I should try and get some of my essay done. But just wanted to write a little note and try to be good about updating this.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment