So today I woke up at 6:45am, after going to bed at midnight and waking up numerous times throughout the night as I have been doing for the past week. Well the waking up multiple times, not the 6:45am thing. I met up with the students for API (my work) and heading up on a minibus to Stonehenge and Salisbury for the day.
Stonehenge. Yeah. Well. Not that amazing. You can't even get within 50 feet of the rocks. It's one big circle to walk around it and you have headphones to listen to. To be honest, I didn't listen to the headphones. Because how much can they tell you about rocks that they don't even know much about. Plus it was cold and I didn't want to stand in the windy open field for long. And I was hungry. I mean don't get me wrong, the rocks were cool. But, they were just rocks. I wish I could have gotten closer.
Salisbury was really nice. It has a cathedral with the tallest spire in Great Britain. It was really pretty from the outside. I didn't go inside when the group split up. I decided to walk around the town instead. It was really cool because a lot of the area was pedestrian only, so we didn't have to worry about walking around and potentially getting hit by cars. There is so much history in the town. There is an original copy of the Magna Carta. And the buildings are from the Tudor time period. There was even one building that the front was all crooked because one side of the floor sank and the other side didn't. It's still in use today though.
Not sure if you can read it, but it says Salisbury, MD
Hope you enjoy the pictures. Sorry I am not writing much. I am beyond tired. Miss you all. xoxo.

Great photos, Kim. Thanks. But you weren't too impressed with Stonehenge, huh? I remember that Elaine & David weren't impressed with it either. Love the Big Dog/Little Dog shot. I miss you! ~ Dad
ReplyDeleteYou should have seen Stonehenge in 80 mile an hour gail winds like I did with my family. You couldn't even hear the headphones and it took all our strength to just stay on our feet. That was an experience! -Mandi
ReplyDelete