My night class is called Through the Lens. It's all lecture which is half interesting, half I want to go to sleep since it starts at 4 and goes until 6. And it's right after I eat food since I wouldn't be able to eat until much later. It talks about photographing through the city. There are going to be night and day walks around the city where we can take pictures and then discuss them. One of the walks is when Dan is in town to visit. I asked the teacher if he could come for the walk and he said and the proceeded to tell the class that anybody can come to the walks, spouses, friends, kids, family pets. I was like oh geeze. But it's nice that others are allowed to come. I am looking forward to the walk at night where I can take pictures. I need to either borrow a tripod from the school or see if I can find a cheap one. I left mine at home since I was having packing issues and figured I could borrow one from the school. I might just find something to prop my camera on though. That usually seems to work out alright for me.
Tomorrow the study abroad program is going to Westminster Cathedral in the morning and then moving into their housing in the afternoon. They stay in the hotel for the first few nights of the orientation. I get to stay too for a few nights. It's nice to get away from my flat, but at the same time, packing up things and bringing them somewhere else is slightly annoying. Oh well. Free breakfast. Sunday we are going to Greenwich, which I am going to bring my camera and take more pictures if it is a nice day. There is a market there too which I wanted to start taking pictures of. I like the idea of taking pictures of markets because there are so many different types of people in such a small space. I am planning on going to a local fish market. Problem with this is that it is only open from 5:30am-8:30am. The sun comes up around 7am and the Tube starts running at I think 5am. It's supposed to be really big. I took pictures at a fish market in Sicily and had a lot of fun with that. With the exception of one of the guys trying to sell us a live octopus.
Monday the students have their orientation which I drop them off for and then I am pretty free for a while. With the exceptions of some day trips and random outings for the program. I am looking forward to them though. It's just the all day stuff is a little rough on my body. Plus I am going to be spending the rest of my life in the library doing all the reading I have to do for this year. I have a four hour gap on Thursdays between my two classes so I figure get lunch and then spend it reading and doing my homework. Well I use the homework term loosely since I only have a few papers to do for each term and then my final dissertation to graduate. Anyways, I am probably going to head to bed soon since I have to wake up early tomorrow.
xoxo.

Wow, Kimberly! Between school and work, it sounds like you're keeping pretty busy. But it also sounds like you're having fun. I'm glad that Dan will be allowed to join you during that evening photo shoot for school. Love you!! ~ Dad
ReplyDelete