Saturday, April 3, 2010

Visit

My sorority sister Lisa came to visit me on Sunday and she stayed until yesterday (Friday). It was really nice to see her! When she got into town we hung out for a bit then walked around so she could see a bit of London at night. Please forgive me as I can't remember the exact days we did stuff. But while she was here we went to the Tower of London. We did the tour so Lisa could see the inside of the Chapel. Afterwards we walked over to Tower Bridge to climb up it. I suggest going up this instead of going on the London Eye. It's just as awesome of a view and you can take as long as you want. The London Eye takes half an hour no matter what, and it gets boring after awhile (well I think it does). Plus the Tower of London is A LOT cheaper. Yay for student discounts as well! We also went to Kensington Palace to this new exhibit called 'The Enchanted Princesses' It was really cool. They had designers created dresses specifically for the exhibit. When you walk in its like you are in a mix of a Tim Burton world and Alice and Wonderland. There were people walking around as investigators. You are supposed to go from room to room looking for the Princesses names hidden throughout the palace. There was one investigator who was singing as I was trying to walk through the door she stopped and stared at me. It was one of the funniest things because as I walked through the door she just kept starting. I know it sounds odd and I guess it was kind of you had to be there thing. Lisa and I also went to see 'How to Tame your Dragon' It was so cool! I recommend this to EVERYBODY. It is also one of the best 3D movies I have seen in awhile. The rest of the time Lisa was in town we just walked around and hung out. Both Lisa and my roommate Jessie left on Friday leaving me here for a week and a half by myself. It's okay though I have a lot of reading to do. I am meeting with some classmates on Thursday to hang out and I am hanging out with Verity on Tuesday. I am home in 12 days!!! YAYYYY!! See you all soon :)

1 comment:

  1. KImberly,

    I'm glad that you and Lisa had fun. I hope to see that 3-D movie soon... before it's not in theaters anymore.

    Love,
    ~ Dad

    ReplyDelete