It's finally starting to get cold here, so it's finally starting to rain. Up until a few days ago, it had only rained here about 4 or 5 times, if that. And it wasn't for very long. I was told that it was an exceptionally warm fall. I would have liked to have kept it that way. Maybe I will trade the rain for the snow too. There is just no way for it to really snow here. It's way too warm. Even if I think it is cold. Snow just doesn't stick here, even if it forms. Oh well. Sorry for the lack of updates. There hasn't really been anything exciting going on here. Last weekend my friend Vanessa from Hartford (She was one of my sorority sisters) came to visit. Thursday was Guy Fawkes Day. Basically to make a long story short, the British celebrate the fact that Guy Fawkes didn't blow up Parliament by having bonfires, fireworks and little children lighting scarecrows that are supposed to represent Fawkes on fire. Morbid I know. But the amount of people who were out watching the fireworks was ridiculous. I went to Clapham which is about 20 minute Tube ride south of here. Well I think it's south. I could be lying to you. Here is a picture of one of the fireworks going off.
The next day we went to Borough Market. It's ALL food. Some of them cooked and others not. Like there was a meat section and veggies and fruits. My favorite area was the food you could buy already cooked. I got some AMAZING spinach and ricotta tortellini with AMAZING pesto sauce on top to eat. It was so yummy and filling for the little amount that I did get.
Beautiful Flowers
FRUIT!
Fish
Meringues the size of my face.
Vanessa's Yummy lunch.
After even though it started to rain, we went to Abbey Road. Yay Beatles. We didn't find the studio though. It started to pour, we were tired and just wanted to go home.
Street sign
Wall that everybody signs.
Other then this, nothing really exciting has been going on sad to say. I did get my plane ticket home for Christmas which is really nice. My boyfriend is helping me pay for it. I am going to go up to New York for a few days when I get home to say hi to people. Classes are going well. Last week we didn't have any classes for reading week, which is for students to catch up on any projects and reading that they have to do. I worked on an essay that was due this past week. It was a stupid essay too. It was stressing me out and wasn't even graded. It is so we can see how the teacher grades and how we write. I have another essay due for this class, which is my elective and for my major. Both are due January 11th but I am going to try and get them done as much as possible before I come home since right after I get back to London my boyfriend and my friend Rob are coming for a week to play for New Years and my birthday. I am heading to York tomorrow with work which will be my second to last event with them. My boss is pregnant so in the spring she has to get a new assistant who works with the company and has more experience dealing with the schools and students then I do. It stinks but I will find something else around here to do. I think I am going to do the waitressing thing even though its not the kind of money that I would make at home. But it's better then nothing. I am not going to start a job though until after the new year. But that is all for now. I will try and update again soon. Hopefully something of interest will have happened then. Miss you xoxo

Great photos, Kim! And the narrative is equally as great. Can't wait to see you again in a few weeks. Will I recognize you? You may not recognize me as I am almost 4-months older than the last time that you saw me in person. Love, Dad
ReplyDeleteBurroughs Market is one of my favorite places in London.
ReplyDelete