Saturday, September 19, 2009

It's Celsius not Fahrenheit

One of our biggest problems here is converting celsius into fahrenheit. First the temperature then last night I tried to master the oven. Which didn't turn out so bad. I had to call my mom first to ask her what it was supposed to be in fahrenheit to cook chicken and then I went online to figure out what it was going to be here. I have to say, my chicken turned out pretty awesome.
I started work last weekend. I am working for the same program I studied abroad through. I am assisting my resident director in working with the students and taking them to their orientation meetings and show them around the city. I also have to have a cell phone that is on 24 hours, just if something happens they can call me and hopefully I will know what to do. The rest of the groups come in next Friday so from then on I will be a lot busier with those students.
Starting Monday I will be doing things for school. My own orientations and registering for classes. I know I am only going to be in class on Wednesdays and Thursdays this semester. I am not really sure about the spring though. It should be interesting getting used to the classes over here since a lot of it is on your own type studying. I mean grad school is supposed to be like that anyways but school here is really lets do things on your own type studying and teaching.
We are still getting settled in. Still ordering books and things needed for our room to make the next year comfortable. Eventually we will have it done and this place will feel a little more like home. I have been taking buses everywhere instead of the tube. There are two bus stops right outside of our flat that can take me either to my school or right into the center of London so there is no need to walk the 10 extra minutes to only be on the tube for one stop. Plus on the bus you can see London and not just the basement of it. It's fashion week this week so the streets are a mess with the shows going on and some roads are blocked off as well for people to ride their bikes through the city instead of driving. I wish I had a bike here for this so I could ride around and see the city in a different way.
That's all for now. There is nothing really exciting going on. But I will try to update when things are. <3

1 comment:

  1. I"m glad you're settling in, Sweetie. I didn't know that you'd have to be on-call 24-hours a day for your job. I know of a few family members were are reading your blog. Let us know how you're first day at school goes. I love you!

    ReplyDelete